19 May 2008

The Alchemy of Illness

In bed again, with a sore throat and no energy.

Again.

Have just cancelled a date with a friend to visit some photograph exhibitions which are only on this week.

Gutted.

Again.

In my sadness I reached out and received this message:

A sacred illness is one that educates us and alters us from the inside out, provides experiences and therefore knowledge that we could not possibly achieve in any other way, and aligns us with a life path that is, ultimately, of benefit to ourselves and those around us.

Deena Metzger
http://www.gratefulness.org/t/body.htm

Wow!

What an awesome, thrilling, inspiring message. It is my path! it is my journey!

How grateful I am to be honoured with this sacred illness and all the blessings it brings me.


Today's favourite song: The Organ, 'Memorize the City'

1 comment:

Pen said...

wow. what an {amazing} quote. it certainly does make you look at illness from a whole different perspective!

i have no doubt that the path you are uncovering is going to be something extraordinary x